The Three Fires Council Special Needs Committee aspires to offer the nation's foremost Scouting
Program for individuals with special needs by:
- Raising awareness to our Scouting Units of the need for inclusiveness of individuals with special needs
- Setting the stage for success by providing support and resources to Unit Leaders, Parents & Units to deliver a quality Scouting experience
- Creating an opportunity for Scout Leaders to be continuously educated and trained
Our mission is to provide individuals with special needs opportunities to participate to the best of their abilities in an all-inclusive Scouting Program offered by the Boy Scouts of America.
Special Needs Committee
- Promotes awareness to Scouts and unit leaders
- Assists with Disabilities Awareness Merit Badge
- Provides training to adult leaders and youth
- Distributes available publications by the BSA
- Supports the growth of new units and provide service to existing special needs units and leaders
- Works with and assist other Council committees to deliver a quality Scouting program to all youth
- Has the full endorsement, support, and resources of Three Fires Council.
Special Needs Committee Members
- Co-Chairperson - Suzette Rizzi (630) 205-0192
- Co-Chairperson - Sean Williams
- Training Cooridnator - Sherry Herzog
- Chanonee - Patrick Kronenwetter
- Foxfire - Chris Hansen
- Fox Valley - Britt Johnson-Dunlop
- Great Bear - Larry Wegner
- Indian Prairie - Jocelyn Nolan
- Kishwaukee - Anna Kurtzman
- Maramech Hill - Russ Pietrowiak
- Northern Trail - Thomas Barrington
- Potawatomi Trails - Sherry Herzog
- Thunderbird - Tyler Hintz
- Member-at-Large - Denise Krusenoski
- Member-at-Large - Linda Benton
- TFC Professional Adviser - Sarah Moore
UNIT SPECIAL NEEDS COORDINATOR
A Unit Special Needs Coordinator is a leader, parent, or adult mentor who helps coordinate with unit leaders , scouts with special needs, and their parents to provide a positive experience for youth with special needs.
The Three Fires Council Special Needs Committee aspires to offer the nation's foremost Scouting Program for individuals with special needs by: Raising awareness to our Scouting Units of the need for inclusiveness of individuals with special needs.
Setting the stage for success by providing support and resources to Unit Leaders, Parents & Units to deliver a quality Scouting experience.
Creating an opportunity for Scout Leaders to be continuously educated and trained.
Our mission is to provide individuals with special needs opportunities to participate to the best of their abilities in an allinclusive Scouting program offered by the Boy Scouts of America.
- Act as a liaison between the parents and leadership.
- Act as a liaison between the unit and the Council & District Special Needs Committee.
- Encourage Parent Involvement.
- Provide support for scouts with special needs & their parents during the webelos to scout transition.
- Make unit leaders & parents aware of special needs resources.
- Attend Special Needs training opportunities, and bring back the information to the unit.
- Facilitate opportunities for learning about special needs & scouting for leaders, parents, & scouts.
- Promote Awareness, Inclusion, and Opportunities for Youth with Special Needs.
Three Fires Council & District Support:
- Provide guidance and training Opportunities for the Unit Special Needs Coordinator & their unit.
- Supply support materials and resources.
- Provide a network of scouters with experience & common interests to support the coordinator & unit.
- Promote Special Needs events inside & outside the district & council.